The Gate Keepers
Amstern is one of the oldest and strongest cities known to exist, having to rebuild only once in its entire history. The city itself is on an Island in a harbor which opens to the sea, there are no bridges, which makes barges the most popular and effective form of transport from the surrounding area and villages. Some smaller villages support the city with trade in crops and cattle, but otherwise the city supports itself.
The city is broken into districts.
- Hightown – Contains the “higher rent” residential district, Castle District, and School District.
- Lowtown – Contains the “lower rent” residential district, Market District, Temple District, and town square.
- Westbay – Contains another market district, and the commercial docks and shipyards.
- Tietown – Teifling Merchant and residential cultural district.
- Oldtown – Historical district, the ruins and remains of “Old Amstern”, the slums, the black market
- Feyside – Elf, Eladrin, Gnome, Halfing, etc. Merchant and residential cultural district.
- Eastbay – Theater District, Pub District, Business district, Passenger and private docks
- Westwall – Military district, Armory District, Smithing and Industrial district.
- Garden Square – Horticultural and park district in the center of the city.
The “Law” of the City is broken up into three distinct branches.
- The Guard – Patrols and protects the city and the outlying villages from external threats.
- The Watch – Patrols and protects the city and the outlying villages from internal threats.
- The Inquisition – The detectives, lawyers, judges, and courts of the city.
The government is in two distinct forms.
- The Executives – The Governor and The Mayor.
- The City Council – Representatives from each district, the Watch, the Inquisition, and the Guard, and a representative from each of the houses.
Other Groups and Organizations:
- The Red Dragon Trade Company